Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Food Recap

Hope you had just a wonderful Christmas. 
We stayed here this year and enjoyed some family time with just the four of us and some delicious food, if I might say so… HA!
On Christmas Eve, I made a modified Tuscan Bread Salad from the recipe on {Jones Design Company}. I just adore Emily’s blog. Have you seen it? It’s one of my favorites. She is so talented and inspiring! I made mine as more of a side salad than an entree. It’s so delicious and the vinaigrette…well, let’s just say I will be using it on just my “regular” salads too!

For the main course, I made Jeff’s favorite dish. It’s called Braciole. It’s a flank steak stuffed with garlic, cheeses, breadcrumbs and parsley. Then you bake it in a wine-marinara sauce for a couple hours. The meat gets all melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Christmas 2012 009
It’s not the prettiest looking dishes, but I assure you, it will delight your taste buds. :)

Christmas morning, I made homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts to eat while we opened presents and you would never know they were gluten-free and vegan!!!
Christmas 2012 006

and then around 10:45 we had brunch.

We started off with a cocktail…Pomegranate Champagne Punch.
Christmas Brunch 003

Christmas Brunch 009

Christmas Brunch 010

I thoroughly enjoy cooking for my family. And even though we didn’t have company, I still wanted to make it festive with some special dishes. And, I got to enjoy the fruits of my labor via leftovers! The strata btw, is great for dinner too with a salad!

Jeff went back to work yesterday and I worked really hard putting some assemblence back into the house and doing some cleaning. It was making me crazy. 

Does your house get like that too from the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment