Monday, December 10, 2012

Gingerbread cake & Luminaries

cookie cutter ornaments 056v

Hi there. Hope you had a great weekend!

Saturday night Jeff and I had the chance to go out and celebrate our 10 year anniversary from October. It was so great to be able to just reconnect after these last two months of having a newborn. Sunday was just the kind of day I love. My day started off with the Hubby bringing me a cup of coffee with just the perfect amount of creamer (frankly, he “makes” my coffee better than I do) while I was cuddling with Luc after feeding him. Once I made it downstairs, I decided to make a Gingerbread cake with frosting. I was only somewhat ambitious since it was a box mix from Trader Joe’s. I typically like to make things from scratch, but if I don’t, I always make sure it’s a good mix without the chemicals! To make it more special, I did make a non-dairy cream cheese frosting to go with it, though. So it was semi-homemade. :)

While that was baking, the 4 of us (Luc included) played a good old fashion game of hide and seek. Jeff really is a creative “hider”! He cracks me up where thinks of to hide! He is such a fun Dad! Reed loves it. While Luc napped,  the boys played cars and I whipped up the frosting .  I use this {recipe} and just substitute non-dairy cream cheese and earth balance non-dairy margarine. I made the whole recipe so there would be leftovers for icing sugar cookies with Reed later in the week.

cookie cutter ornaments 050v

Do you use a really good vanilla extract? It really makes a difference in your baked goods. I have been buying Nielsen-Massey Vanilla from Williams-Sonoma for years, but have noticed it being carried in some grocery stores, now too.

While the boys had their afternoon naps, I was able to finish up a little Christmas decorating project and get it photographed. I will be sharing it with you on Tuesday! I think it turned out pretty darn cute. :)

Last night was the luminaries in our neighborhood at 6pm, so I made a quick & easy dinner of burgers seared in a cast iron skillet and finished them off in the oven to cook through with the roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower and zucchini. YUM!

We went for a walk after dinner to enjoy all the streets lit up by the luminaries and the homes decorated for the Holidays. So many people were out strolling the neighborhood and wishing each other Merry Christmas. It was so enjoyable. It was about 64 degrees, so perfect for an evening walk. I just love living here!!!

Just look at those luminaries winding down the road! So charming! :)
more decorating and luminaras 058

Here are some of the homes that caught my eye.

Maybe a bit much in the lawn ornament dept, but fairly tastefully done. Aside from that, I just love this home’s curb appeal!
more decorating and luminaras 057 

Simple, classic decor! Love the wood door!
more decorating and luminaras 062

I love classic cape cod style homes!
more decorating and luminaras 067

more decorating and luminaras 071

It appears wreaths on windows is a pretty common thing around here…

Here is our front door lit up at night
more decorating and luminaras 100

So, that was how we spent our Sunday. Enjoyable!



Home should be the safest place on earth…
Get-Clean-Starter_thumb18_thumb
You'd have to spend more than $3,400 to get the same amount of clean found in the
Get Clean Starter Kit for $99.00 (with membership)
And, when you purchase the Get Clean Starter Kit you also make a positive impact on the planet:
Keep 108 pounds of packaging waste from landfills.
Eliminate 248 pounds of greenhouse gas.
Do you want your home to be clean, yet non-toxic?  Shaklee’s products do just that. They are theBEST I have ever used (and I consider myself extremely picky). Try the Shaklee Difference for yourself!!!
To find out more, please email me: greenwaylifeandhome@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment