Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vegetarian lunch

I forgot that I have made this salad two weeks in a row about a month ago (it’s that good and I think I will make it again next week) and hadn’t posted about it…
Mediterranean Salad
I am always looking for vegetarian options for our meals and to give some variety to Jeff’s lunches. I first made this for his lunch and couldn’t really assess how good it was because I made it on a Sunday night before bed and just put it in the fridge for him to take the next morning. You know how some things need to “season” awhile before you can tell if they are good or not? So I asked him when he got home Monday how it was and he said it was fantastic…so I tried it and he was right. I ate some of it that week myself and then made it again ALL for myself the following week. ha ha
I added mine into a warmed whole wheat pita because, well, I’m kind of obsessed with pitas these days (you can see my Margherita Pita Pizza recipe HERE)and it’s fun to eat it as more of a sandwich.
I got the recipe off Pinterest, of course! You can find the recipe HERE.
Enjoy!

Linking up to:
33 Shades of Green-Tasty Tuesdays

1 comment:

  1. it looks delicious! though i have NO idea what quinoa is!

    ReplyDelete