Monday, August 27, 2012

How I organize my makeup

How was your weekend? Ours was only about the kids…

Jeff brought up the space-bag stored baby clothes from the basement so I could sort and start washing everything. It was fun to see again all the sweet clothes we had from when Reed was a baby and how tiny they seem. It’s amazing how fast they grow! :)

The crib is all put together and Jeff installed shelving into a tv armoire we were turning into a clothing armoire for the nursery only to realize that the nursery felt just too cramped for all this furniture we intended for it. :( We had to rethink what we are going to put in the room. Stay tuned…

At least I feel like we have the bare necessities covered if baby comes sooner than expected.
I started on the crib skirt yesterday and have it almost done so I will show you that soon.

And, we also had to get real serious about the potty training…Reed showed interest at 2 so we have been doing it for over a year now…he was a little young so we didn’t hard-core push him and he would go whenever we put him on the potty-but was not too interested in going on his own. With all the changes we had this year…I have kinda dragged my feet about getting to it but the time has come. It’s painful, let me tell you.
Any tips you have for success, please share…

So, how about a quick little project that I did that makes such a difference getting ready and keeping my bathroom drawer tidy, organizing my makeup!

Remember my new little chest of drawers in the bathroom I shared {here}?

Here is how I use the top drawer

Before we moved, I did heavily purge my makeup-I had so much that I never wore or was past it’s prime.
I found some great storage pieces at The Container Store, but the drawer is just a smidge to shallow for anything they had to “maximize” the drawer space.  I actually found this one at Target and it’s expandable. I think I am going to pick up some skinny containers now to fill in the back for some of my extra brushes.
Organize Makeup

This is how I “categorized” my makeup:

Eyeliner, lash primer, mascara and curler together
All face makeup-foundation, powder, shimmer, blush
Blog Pics-Master 024

All lip liners, glosses
Sharpeners and concealers
All primers for face and eyes
Large area for my eye shadow palettes (btw, have you tried the “Naked” eye shadow palettes from Urban Decay? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE)
Blog Pics-Master 025

So, what does your makeup drawer look like? How do you organize?

No comments:

Post a Comment