Friday, August 3, 2012

Food Gifts

I so love giving gifts of food that I have made from my own kitchen. Someday, I hope to do more from my own home grown garden bounty, once I get a garden again! Certainly the holidays are a common time to give gifts of food, but what about the garden plenty that is coming available right now at your farmer’s markets or in your own garden? Make some in your kitchen to give as a hostess gift for end of summer parties, a thank you gift for your neighbor who got your mail while you were away on vacation, someone who just had a baby or for just no reason at all. I think they are truly one of the most thoughtful gifts and appreciated more than you know. When we had Reed, our neighbor baked us a delicious loaf of bread and harvested veggies & herbs from her garden. I had never received anything like that before, and I was so touched. It truly showed how much she cared.

Some gifts I gave last year.
Food Gift5
The last of our tomato garden bounty. I talked about that here.

Food Gift6
Cookies & white chocolate lollipops that my friend Kelly & I made together as “Teacher” gifts where we used to work out together, sniff sniff (It was our 2nd annual bake-a-thon). I talked about them here.

Cocktail nuts
Spiced Cocktails Nuts, recipe here. (Make more than you want to give away, they are so good and Jeff was so sad there wasn’t many left over)

Homebaked bread 
Is there really much better than fresh-baked bread?

And just look at these delightful packaging ideas I have been pinning.

food gift 
food gift1
food gift2
food gift4

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This article is definitely worth saving to the favorites. I read just about everything on this subject and most of it.

    Accommodation in Bangalore

    Star hotels in chennai

    ReplyDelete