Tuesday, March 12, 2013

homekeeping series - Tuesdays

homekeeping series-tuesdays

Hi, hope you had a nice weekend. Signs of spring are finally around here, I think. Thank goodness! I have added some touches of spring around the house that I will share with you later this week. But today is homekeeping Tuesday!

It was chilly this morning, but has warmed up so I can open some windows, get some fresh air with the sun shining and the birds chirping…makes it so much more enjoyable to keep house, don’t you think?

I hope last week’s Monday post gave you some inspiration. :)

Now, here’s my Tuesday homekeeping schedule:

Dust & Vacuum

I alternate between weeks for cleaning the upstairs and downstairs. In a life full of extra time, I would love to be able to dust and vacuum the whole house every week, but this seems to work fine for now. I just do the stairs every week…they seem to really need it.
dusting{Shaklee’s Basic H all-purpose & the swiffer duster make quick work of dusting and of course are non-toxic!!!}

vacuum {a really good, powerful vacuum makes all the difference in cleaning. We’ve had ours for almost 8 years and it’s still going strong. Totally worth the investment!}

Boys' laundry

I assign a type of laundry to each day and on Tuesdays I do the boy’s laundry. I am able to combine both their clothes. {Luc has more light clothes and Reed has more dark so I can do one load of each and get everything done.} Both boys have sensitive skin so I use Shaklee’s fragrance free laundry detergent on everything and they have no skin irritation from it.

folded clothes

{with both boys, I fold their undergarments, jammies, pants/shorts and hang all their tops. I have found it to be so much easier to see what they have to wear and to mix and match tops and bottoms}.

hang shirts

So, there you have what I do on Tuesdays!

Well, I hope spring is beginning in your area too or at least right around the corner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment