Monday, August 1, 2011

Deep Clean Kitchen

Blog Pics 017
Shortly after becoming a mom, I really struggled with how to get it all done; actually, I still struggle with it sometimes and am making new practices and habits for myself that let me accomplish more all the while spending time with Reed. So, this is what I have found works for me so far…
Every evening I put the kitchen “back together” which includes wiping down the table, counters, sink, cooktop etc. after all the dishes are done and I can start the next morning with a clean kitchen. For me, I have realized that I hate coming downstairs in the morning to a messy kitchen more than the 30 minutes or so after a busy day that it takes to get it all clean. There are days that I really have to remind myself of that! 
However, at least twice a month I try to give the kitchen a REALLY deep clean and wipe down practically every surface. I have always loved a clean house, but would get lazy and put things off and then it’s WAY WORSE and for sure I don’t want to clean then…so sadly, it’s taken me this many years to figure out myself and what I need to do to stay on top of things and keep a pretty clean home.
I usually light a great smelling candle (right now it’s Beach from Harry Slatkin candles-if you aren’t familiar, you can get them at Bath & Body Works or QVC) and put on some music or the tv to keep me company.
I start by using Shaklee’s scour off to scrub the sink and let it sit a few mintutes while I am taking everything off the counters and wiping them. It smells just like cherries! (This product has many other uses, I will have to talk about those in another post.)
Blog Pics 034
For the deep cleaning of the countertops, I go with a damp microfiber cloth and a drop or two of Shaklee’s Dish Soap.Blog Pics 036I wipe the cooktop really well and any cabinets that need it. It always seems to be the cabinet above the microwave that collects grease from the fan on the microwave. I also wipe down the utensil crock and the little tray by the cooktop that holds salt, pepper and olive oil for easy access during cooking. I wash the tray with soapy water and wipe everything on it down.
Blog Pics 032
Blog Pics 045Blog Pics 031

It does take about 45 min, but I think it’s so worth it when the kitchen ends up looking like this…
Blog Pics 017

Blog Pics 029
at least for a few hours. Smile


 &



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful kitchen. So wonder you enjoy making it look so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE cooking in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete