Thursday, August 18, 2011

Everyday Beauty Faves

There are a few makeup must haves that I use every day which are safe to use and give great results! Unless I am lounging around at home(which is all the time now that I have a 2 year old, wink wink), these are what I use everyday when I leave the house. It’s a quick enough regimen but leaves me looking put together for being out and about with Reed. You never know who you will run into…
I get most of my makeup items at Sephora or QVC(sometimes they have great deals on kits or larger sizes of products). I know ULTA also carries Bare Escentuals, too.
Bare Escentuals Foundation Primer-smooths out your pores and helps foundation last ALL day.
BE Primer
Bare Escentuals Foundation-it looks like it’s powder-but finishes like a cream and gives amazing coverage. What I love the most is doesn’t looks like you have makeup on-you do need to use the BE Flawless Application brush, though. I have been using this for about 7 years; even before I paid attention to being more “green” simply because I loved the results and it blends in so well with your skin. I have had my brush since I began using it and it’s still in impecable shape-all I do is wash it with facial cleanser every so often. It’s worth the investment and necessary to achieve the best results.
Bare Escentuals MakeupBE Foundation Brush
Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil-finishing powder that really makes a huge difference. Even if you think your skin looks great with just the foundation, wait until you put on the powder. It’s translucent, very light weight and gives such a great finish which controls shine. Use with “flawless application” brush above.
BE Mineral Veil
Shisedo Eye Lash Curler-I am not one of the fortunate who has naturally curled lashes…so if you are like me-nothing makes you look more awake than curling your lashes. Don’t even compare this to a drugstore eyelash curler! This might just be my desert island item. It’s not inexpensive as far as eyelash curlers go, but I have converted my mom who has the same stick straight lashes I do. I love how well it curls my lashes soooo much that sometimes after washing my face before bed, I curl my lashes in case I bat them at my hubby…he he Still flirting with your husband is a good thing. Smile
Shiseido Eyelash Curler
Tarte-Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara-I am REALLY picky about mascara and I think I have pretty much tried them all at every price point. I fell in love with this one and was thrilled when I realized it was also safe and gives better results than other regular mascaras. I love that it builds and gives length all at the same time but doesn’t flake and stays put all day. Comes off easy at the end of the day, too.
Mascara
Bare Escentuals Blush-ignore this awful looking color in the picture. One thing to keep in mind about Bare Escentuals colors-they seem really garish, but because you use soooooo little, they are very soft and pretty. Plus, they last forever so you also get great cost savings.
BE Blush
And last but not least…
Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Gloss-this helps give lips a subtle fullness and has great colors…again, you need to try it to see it’s not too bright.
BE Buxom Lip Gloss

So, these are what I found to give me great results and I can feel good about using them. I hope I have inspired you to “green” up your makeup. Give some a try and let me know how you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment