Monday, August 29, 2011

A day at the beach

This past weekend we went up to visit my family in a cute lake town in WI, called Lake Mills. My family has been spending summers up there since my mom was young so I hold it near and dear to my heart. It has grown so much since I was little and it’s not just a summer town anymore, yet it still holds so much charm. Most of my extended family has moved up there on a full-time basis to escape all the hustle and bustle of the Chicagoland area and have a slower pace of life living by the lake.
My cousin was so gracious to open her home to us to spend the weekend. As a token of our appreciation, I picked some just ripe tomoatoes from our garden and wrapped them up to give them.
Beach day 001
Beach day 003
We had a great weekend; we couldn’t of asked for more perfect weather! Friday night we cooked brats from Glenn’s Meat Market for dinner. These bratwursts are amazing and they have a trillion different varieties!!!! We had the parmesan and garlic and the traditional Sheboygan, DELICIOUS. Warning, you can’t go back to a Johnsonville brat after these… I just found out due to popular demand from non-locals, Glenn’s will ship to you. YEAH!!!  I will for sure be ordering some next summer since we brought some back from this trip. Afterwards, the rest of the family came over for a bonfire. It was great to catch up with everyone since we don’t get to see them more than a couple times a year.
Saturday morning we hit the beach about 9:45 to get a good spot before the beach gets busy as more and more people are discovering this hidden gem.  Sandy Beach on Rock Lake is a cute little beach that really hasn’t changed much from when I was young and the water is still pretty clean.


A beautiful lake (it’s still early so not too many boats out yet…so peaceful)
Beach day 050
Cute little bait and snack shop
Beach day 061

Beautiful trees and covered pavillions for parties
Beach day 062
one of the many areas of boat slips (they are a HOT commodity, especially on the beach side of the lake)
Beach day 065
We played in the sand and water for a couple hours. Reed LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the beach. That makes me so happy, seeing him enjoy a place I did as a kid. We hope to make this part of our summers every year.
This first one I love…I am playing with my new zoom lens…wow what a difference in pictures it makes!
Beach day 016
Beach day 038
Beach day 054
going to the water to fill up truck bucket 
Beach day 070
he did such a great job carrying it back without spilling
Beach day 083
then off for a ride on my cousin’s boat
Beach day 089
There are some beautiful homes on the lake…I’ll take one of these please…
Beach day 111
I’d say this was a great way to end “summer”.



company_values_harmonypic

No comments:

Post a Comment