Monday, February 17, 2014

recipe | skillet chocolate chip cookie

I love trying new & exciting recipes but sometimes it's just nice to visit the classics. Nothing fancy, just good, straightforward ingredients that give a very delicious end result. I was looking back through some old Martha Stewart issues  {I think I almost prefer those older issues} recently and came across a recipe for a skillet chocolate chip cookie. I used to make those way back when...but I guess it was pushed aside as I found other new dessert recipes to try.
I decided to make it for our family valentine's dessert. The house smelled amazing like only chocolate chip cookies baking can do.  I served it slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream on the side.  It surely will be making a regular appearance in our house!

Here's the Recipe. Enjoy!


On a side note, I have been dabbling a lot at converting "regular" baking recipes to GF and vegan rather than just following those special type of recipes. The tricky part for me is the egg substitute {so much science behind that}, so with this recipe only calling for one egg, I knew it could be an easy conversion.  If you need or choose to eat GF and/or vegan, I would be happy to share my modified recipe with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment