Monday, June 4, 2012

Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies

Good morning! Hope you had a great weekend. It’s hard to go back to a little 2-day weekend after we just had a 3-day one, right? It goes sooooo fast.

We had a great weekend. Saturday I had planned to run off to the outlet mall about an hour north of here. To my shock, Jeff said he wanted to come with, so we made it a family affair. It was a BEAUTIFUL day-seriously not one cloud in the sky and only reached the high 70’s by 4pm so great outside shopping weather. My main draw to go up there was there is a Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware outlet. Also a Williams Sonoma one to my surprise. I found a few things, but you know how it is when you have birthday $$ to spend, you can never find “anything to buy”, right? Jeff is still replacing his wardrobe from all his weight-loss. His closet is so sparse (we both only unpacked our “skinny” clothes when we moved in), when you lose 65+ pounds, we are talking complete overhaul of needing everything in a smaller size, even undies, you know??? I also bought some baby stuff…and a few things for Reed. It was enjoyable (but for me shopping always is) but seriously a LONG day. We left at 9am and didn’t get home until 4:30! Reed took a quick nap in the car on the way home, but we all went to bed early and got a great night’s sleep. :)

Saturday’s excursion must of still had me wiped me out because I just couldn’t get really going. When Reed went down for a nap, I started working on our guest room/craft room (my mom is coming to visit for Reed’s birthday in a month). I did it for about an hour and then called it quits. I got a sneaky brilliant idea to bake some chocolate chip cookies. Once they were in the oven, I could sit in the kitchen waiting for them to bake and do some blog reading/web surfing yet still feel like I was accomplishing something, ha ha. Plus, Jeff said he was a little grumpy so what other than fresh-baked cookies to cheer someone up?

I used this recipe. Yum, they sure won’t last long!

Cookies and lazy susans 003

They must of worked, because he was in a much better mood afterwards… :)

Hope you give them a try and make someone’s day!

No comments:

Post a Comment