Monday, September 17, 2012

Mixing rustic & fine for a Fall Tablesetting

I am loving all the rustic with fine decorating that is out there lately. Pottery Barn has even coined the style as “Rustic Luxe”. The contrast makes a room so interesting. Gone are those days when a room is all formal or all casual. I love that! It makes them so much more useable…
Last Thanksgiving, I created a tablescape of similar nature with using my fine china and silver that I left the bit of tarnish on to make it a little more rustic (and yeah, no polishing) and then had more rustic elements such as dark metal chargers, a burlap runner and natural gourds. Minus the glass turkeys, this tablesetting could be used for any fall entertaining.

Thanksgiving 2011 008 copy

Gourds copy

Placesetting

Have you tried this type of mixing in your home?

Linking up to:


 
Home should be the safest place on earth…
Get-Clean-Starter_thumb18_thumb
Do you want your home to be clean, yet non-toxic?  Shaklee’s products do just that. They are the BEST I have ever used. Try the Shaklee Difference for yourself!!!
To find out more, please email me: greenwaylifeandhome@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment