Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Preschool Graduation-a bit too much to handle


Whew, it was a hard day! In my heart, I didn't want to go. I didn't want to believe that Reed really is done with preschool and growing up. I want to freeze time and keep him four forever.  I am really having a hard time with this growing up thing and attending such a monumental occasion to confirm it just makes me come undone. I was keeping it pretty together, until they had a darn slide show with a sappy country song. I bawled! And then the graduation music when the kids enter in their caps & gowns...that does me in everytime.

So, to my sweet Reed-
First know you are amazing! You constantly have us in awe. I hope you always know that and remember it even when your days are tough.
We couldn't be more proud of you.
There is just something about our relationship my sweet boy. Is it because daddy & I tried and tried forever to have you or that you are our first born...whatever it is, we have a bond so deep that makes neither one of us quite ready to move to the next step. These years went way to fast. One minute you were 2 1/2 and now you are almost 5 and graduating Preschool. It was just the two of us for most of the 3+ years before Luc was born and I cherish the time we had just you & me. It was so hard when you went to preschool but you learned to love it and that made me feel happy to keep sending you when all I wanted to do is keep you for myself. I know this kindergarten thing is big stuff. That you are a bit unsure and nervous because it's a big change. But know we will get through it together and I know after you take it all in, you will love it and have so many opportunities to shine! But let's not think about anything except the wonderful summer we have ahead of us. We will make it a summer to remember. Love you, sweet boy! 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    








No comments:

Post a Comment