Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

{not the most in focus picture-but the best we could get with these monkeys}

This is what I celebrated on Sunday. These loves! Being their mom is the best and most important thing I will EVER do. 

I am painfully aware that their time as young children goes way too fast and I am fighting it the whole way. When Reed was a baby, it felt like we had all the time in the world. Now time is flying too fast so I am trying to soak up every minute of it. Sure we have those moments {or days} that I wish for trying times to be over...but I try to catch myself because good or bad, I don't ever want to wish the days away.

Every night when I check on them one last time before I turn in, I pause and look at those precious faces and thank the heavens that I was blessed with another day with them. I still get choked up every single night.

There are so many times I want to hold them or snuggle forever...while they still let me. :) Too often though, that time is interrupted by something that needs immediate tending to or my resisting to "start a bad habit" at bedtime. I don't know if this fierce of love is "normal", but it's just the only way I know how to love these boys. I am pretty sure they know they are sooooo loved and that's the ultimate goal for me. To love on these boys so much, that they always know my love for them and it takes them securely through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment