Monday, May 13, 2013

dirt, mud or whatever it’s called…

Reed school birthday treat

Hope all of you mothers had a beautiful day, yesterday. I stayed in bed until almost 10am and was spoiled, as usual. Jeff doesn’t ever let me to lift a finger. :) I feel so recharged to be the best mom I can...

I thought I would share a fun idea for a treat for the kids, dirt, mud or something like that…. That is, what I am told they call, chocolate pudding, crushed chocolate cookies, and gummy worms layered in a cup. Sounds awful, but the kids LOVED it!

Reed has a July birthday, so his preschool teacher suggested sending in a treat before the end of school {which is next week…I can’t believe it} to celebrate his birthday early. I try to find fun desserts for the kids and when I came across these on one of my favorite blogs, Clover Lane I thought it would be perfect! {Plus, these 3 ingredients would allow me to substitute easily so I could make them all the same, even with Reed’s food allergies, and I cannot even tell you how refreshing that is.}

Super easy. I made the chocolate pudding from scratch using almond milk and just spooned into nine individual cups, crumbled one chocolate Lucy’s {allergy-free} cookies on top and added the two neon gummy worms!

Let me know if you would like the dairy-free pudding recipe {although you could probably use regular milk if you wanted}. It’s easy to make, and way more delicious and all natural than any store bought mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment