Friday, April 27, 2012

Progress

I thought I would check in real fast and give you an update on things. We are officially moving next weekend and I couldn’t be more excited…

Things have been super busy as you can imagine and I only have so much energy with being 17 weeks pg.

Reed & I flew down to Atlanta a couple weeks ago to visit Daddy for a week and a half and house hunt. We found a house the very first day thanks to our fantastic realtor pre-screening homes so as to not waste our time.

We really got lucky with finding this house since it was never listed for rent. Our realtor is just great about putting it out there we were looking and she asked fellow realtors if their clients would consider that. Did I tell you we were renting down there? We don’t know the area all that well so we wanted to be sure we buy in just the right location for us since I would really prefer not to move again. I love the idea of the kids having memories of growing up in the same house. Since Reed is still so young, I have a good shot at that.  With the baby on the way, we are doing 2 years since only a year might just be crazy to have to worry about moving when the baby is just a few months old. And, who knows…maybe we will love this house that much that we will want to buy it.  The owner really decorated very much similar to my style. The kitchen is recently renovated with pale gray cabinets…something I have been “Pinning” for awhile now.

Here’s a picture of our new home:

Sibley Forest House

We just love the mature trees and the neighborhood is super charming and seemingly VERY social so I can’t wait to get settled in there. My realtor (who will soon be a near neighbor) has been forwarding me all the neighborhood activities and it couldn’t be more up my alley. Around the holidays they do front door decor and holiday luminaries for example. How fun, right?

Although it’s a rental, I am still super excited about some new decorating opportunities. I am going to try to use most of what I already have but try some furniture and accessories in different rooms. I was thinking the other night, it’s great to have a similar color scheme throughout the home so it’s easy to move stuff around.

I will be back soon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment