Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Before he grows out of it…

Reed is almost 2 and will be in a big boy bed soon enough. I know it will be a difficult day for me when we take down the crib and convert his nursery to a little boy’s room. Before all that happens, I thought I would share with you what his “nursery” looks like now. It has more or less stayed the same since he was born. I so enjoyed putting his room together with all the little touches. It was one room that felt more or less “done”. I can’t say that about other rooms…they are always in progress.
Blog pics 032
The dresser was Jeff’s growing up so I sanded it down and gave it some color to brighten it up, along with the 2 toy boxes I got unfinished at JoAnn. The little rocking chair was mine when I was little. The dark stained bookcase and shelves came about a year ago when we realized we needed some serious book storage and had some picture frames to display. Still looking for more “momentos” for his shelves.
Blog pics 012
I added the ribbon trim to both lamps and added his initial on his crib.
Blog pics 017
Blog pics 014
Even though it’s hard for me to see him grow up so fast, I have lots of ideas for decorating his “big boy” room. Smile


I linked up to a' la mode roomspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment