Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another “what do I have in my fridge” salad

I made up another salad using just what I had on hand the other night. I wasn’t planning on posting about it until I plated it up and thought, gosh, that looks really good. Another reason I love off-white dishes. Your food really makes a statement, plus you’ll never tire of off-white if you are like me and always changing what colors you are loving.
New Pics 9-4-2011 033
So for this salad I used:
Bibb lettuce (This is my favorite!  I have been finding 2 huge heads of it at Costco for $3.19-it’s not organic, but it’s grown inside via hydroponic methods so no need for pesticides)
Chickpeas
Orange Pepper (actually from our garden-it has taken a long time for the peppers to turn colors)
Tomatoes (from our garden)
Green Onions
English Cucumber (I can’t go back to any other kind)
Homemade Croutons (I cut up some bread slices we had, tossed them in some Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil from Wildtree, salt and pepper and browned them in a skillet for about 8-10 min and then put them in a 300 degree oven to crisp them up for 10-12 min). They were d-lish if I do say so myself.
French Vinaigrette-
2 Tbsp Dijon
2 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch or so of Salt & Pepper, to taste

I was remarking to Jeff while we were eating this salad how proud I am of us for really changing our eating habits and eating so healthy (we are finally eating more like we have been feeding Reed all along). He said, “well, when healthy food tastes this good, it’s easy to eat this way.”. Awwwww…

FREE SHAKLEE MEMBERSHIPWITH THE PURCHASE OF VITALIZER

No comments:

Post a Comment