Monday, August 5, 2013

french farmhouse bedding {in the making}

French farmhouse bedding 2

I spent some time this past weekend starting to decorate. Up until this point, furniture is in its respective rooms, but there was no personality. I am working on our master bedroom right now. I couldn’t stand it’s state any longer {that’s where we go at the end of the day to unwind for goodness sakes}…we finally put the furniture exactly where it should be {it was still off-kilter from when the painters were here} and I started putting together the bedding. My overall goal is to evoke a bit of a french farmhouse feel to the house. We don’t quite live in a farmhouse, but the exterior does have a nod to french architecture and we sit up high on a hill with lots of surrounding trees so it almost feels like we could be out in the country. {I have been known to sometimes run outside in my nightgown to throw out the trash, so to me, that’s something you could do in the country with no one around, ha ha}. But frankly, it's just a look that I am drawn to.

French farmhouse bedding 1

French farmhouse bedding 3

French farmhouse bedding 4

So, this is where I am at. Still lots more to do both short and long term. The rest of the bedding still needs to be decided, I need to hang art, add accessories, hang drapes and add some lamps but I feel good about the direction it’s headed.
Long term, we need to add interior shutters. Our windows are original and charming but very shallow so I can see why the previous owners opted to do exterior mount shutters in a couple of the other rooms. This will also keep all the front windows cohesive. We also have beams on our tray ceiling that are just painted a dreadful flat chocolate brown. We have an Annie Sloane retailer {where I recently took a class} in our cute little downtown. I asked the owner if she could paint them to look like old french reclaimed wood beams. We will see what that quote comes back at, white may be good, too. ha! And lastly, I have coveted this bed forever….see, I panicked when our bedroom set was being discontinued in our stain color years and years ago and instead of trusting my instincts {and my husband telling me to go with my instincts} to not match, I sure did get the bed anyway. It was a rather expensive bed so I have “lived” with it all these years, kicking myself that I didn’t get something like this instead. So, I continue to put it on the someday list…

iron and brass bed{iron & brass with chippy white paint-gorgeous}

Paint ~ Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray
Quilt ~ Kane County Flea Market, 2008
Crochet-inset Sheets ~ Ikea {I know, seriously}
Linen Euro Shams ~ Pottery Barn

3 comments:

  1. I just found it and I adored how the bed fixes in an exquisite way. It is totally awesome! Precisely, the furniture will surely fit in this. Classy!

    Sebastian of
    Tropical Life Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article.
    Allergy free quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Image! Your images very impressive and attractive.The data gave can end up being truly useful for the clients, so i've bookmarked it! Visit:-http://www.brisbanethatch.com.au/

    ReplyDelete