Tuesday, July 2, 2013

healthier homemade chocolate milk

Hello-hope you had a great weekend.

We hosted dear friends from out of town this past weekend so I cooked up a storm, so I have some yummy recipes that I will have to share with you another time. How about, toasted marshmallow milkshakes, homemade donuts and chicken, tomato and grilled bread kabobs, sounds delicious doesn't it? They were, if I do say so… ha ha

Homemade Chocolate milkV

A couple weeks ago I started making homemade chocolate milk for Reed {well, at least the “chocolate” part is homemade, maybe I will attempt homemade almond milk soon}. I have a goal to keep making more and more things myself because I just need to know exactly what we are eating.

You can certainly use whatever “milk” you want, I just use almond because that’s what we drink. After looking up several recipes online, I tweaked them to make them a bit more chocolate-y and ended up using agave syrup instead of sugar.
I found this super cute “milk” bottle at Pottery Barn so I can make a big batch {about 5-6 servings} and store it in the fridge.

healthier homemade chocolate milk
3 cups of milk {of your choice}
3 Tbsp of cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp of agave syrup
2 tsp of vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to blender and mix. Voila.

Make some for this kids, they will love this treat {and frankly, you will too}.

Now, its time to start planning a doggie inspired four year old birthday party! Lots of cute, cute ideas out there. I found a charming site for paperless invites that look like stationary you would actually send. Wait until you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment